The Golden Thread Alliance are seeking to appoint a TRUST COVER TEACHER to support absence and cover within the 9 Golden Thread Alliance Schools.
As a qualified teacher within The Golden Thread Alliance Central Team, you will carry out the duties of a classroom teacher on a daily basis, according to the needs of The Golden Thread Alliance.
Your role will include:
- Liaising with other year group teachers as soon as you arrive at school.
- Teaching a full day of lessons. You will be required to teach from Reception to Year 6 and be flexible to the requirements of the schools.
- Carry out a break duty, if required.
- Cover a club, if the teacher you are covering was due to run a club that day.
- Mark/assess work in line with the school’s assessment and marking policy.
- Offer written feedback, through email to the classteacher, copying in the Deputy Head, outlining the school day.
- Development of teaching materials for The Golden Thread Alliance Central Team use, if no cover is required on a particular day under the direction of the Senior School Improvement Lead.
As a cover teacher within The Golden Thread Alliance, you will be expected to undertake the full range of duties associated with being a qualified class teacher, which includes being flexible to the varying needs of a school.
The role is open to any teacher on the Main Pay Scale and Unqualified Teachers with experience. You will be paid a day rate of £160.77 if you are a Qualified Teacher or £112.48 per day if you are an Unqualified Teacher with experience.
You must be flexible and open to last-minute changes. We are open to part-time and full-time candidates.
The Golden Thread Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and therefore is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In line with KCSIE guidance, paragraph 220, all candidates who are shortlisted will be subject to an online search. This search is not part of the shortlisting process itself and all shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to address any issues of concern resulting from the search.
Two references are also required prior to commencement of employment.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Trust
The Golden Thread Alliance is a Multi-Academy Trust that comprises of Culverstone Green Primary School, Fleetdown Primary Academy, Meopham Community Academy, Oakfield Primary Academy, Riverview Infants, Riverview Juniors, Temple Hill Primary Academy, West Hill Primary Academy, and Wrotham Road Primary School. Each Primary has its own unique character, but all subscribe to The Golden Thread Alliance values.
Job Contact Information
Name: Lucy Wisdom
Address: West Hill Primary Academy, Dartford Road, Dartford, Kent, DA1 3DZ
Telephone: 07444 035771